I've been in the same spot in my house for the last 12hrs.
This has resulted in a truly beautiful grid of sorts. If it weren't for the privacy issue of my volunteers I would post a picture. It reminds me why I don't do theater 24/7. It brings out this need for perfection that can be exhausting. Awesome emails from volunteers make it all worth it though. I feel like its the huge wave collecting everything in its path. The fest is going to happen whether we're ready or not. You know, sans not getting projectors and films or something crazy like that.
I'm taking a break from my job coordinating volunteers to work at Sundance and since they told me to be there two days earlier than I need to be I will be volunteering for Slamdance. It's all such a sickness. Good, but still sick. = )
One of my volunteers from last year who is currently working with us this year gave me her old phone. My last one died a terrible slow death thanks to water torture and the verve pipe. It's a great constant reminder of someone being completely selfless.
My new phone has a social network I hadn't been on in awhile that me and the boy I'm not suppose to care about are still connected on. I found out he had been in a car accident. It was hard. Because I felt a lot. I felt my whole heart thud worrying about him. To care someone enough not to let them know you care is completely confusing. I would never want to be with him again, someone so careless with me. But I do still care. I think that's okay. It's human to care. I liked knowing my heart was still in the right place.
My brother is 13 and accidentally told me he loves me too when I told him I loved him on the phone today. That felt like a win.
So here we are.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment