I like being on the other side of a situation. Going through something. At one festival all my friends got promoted and I had a little issue so it bummed me out. It especially bummed me out that I would be waking up at 4am for a flight and get stuck in Vegas. Vegas airport being the last place Curtis said he couldn't wait to see me at Telluride. We would see each other at Telluride- he wasn't wrong about that. Except his ex would also be there and they would get to hang out around the festival. Not in it, but around it. She would like a picture I posted on instagram and his smile would make my stomach flip. So now I'm flying to PHX and roadtripping through Vegas to Sundance. Because I'm young and can take five days to get somewhere.
But you know? It's kind of okay he broke my heart. Had he been more honest - with himself- I think we could have avoided the whole situation. But that's in the past. Kind of. Because of him I have this story and stories are a great way to connect with ...(commercial for Las Vegas housewives come on and I have to change the channel)...anyway, I've bonded a lot of super terrific women because of him. If it's one thing we all have in common in this industry it's dealing with fest boys. Guys you meet in this super romantic setting and trust and then *Poof* things don't go as expected.
Expectations are a tricky thing. I feel like I'm walking around with this passport with a Curtis stamp on it and some extra baggage I wasn't quite anticipating bringing home. It's been great getting to know other countries too. The guy who doesn't equate sex as something to be ashamed of and doesn't fit in the box I had decided to put him in. The friend who says he's busy and who assures me it doesn't mean he's joining a religion and never talking to me was unexpected. In the past I was made to feel guilty about wanting to see someone, but now the make the time to see me. I express what I want and we try to work it out. Bizarre. I didn't realize all the bad habits I picked up in the past two years.
I still want to write a movie.
T/F will be here quicker than I know. 400 volunteers already scheduled. So much to do.
Oh! And my wisdom tooth started to come in again. I'm probably the only one amused when this happens.

No comments:
Post a Comment