Sometimes I get sidetrack. And by sometimes I mean a lot. Not noticeably. Nothing really changes outwardly really.
Facebook popped up that this guy Jesse invited me to his film event. An event that I always get invited to but can never go to because I do not live near San Francisco.
Jesse. Is a completely awesome dude. I remember feeling quite invisible as Sundance one day a few years ago. It's kinda easy to do when you're around a bunch of famous people and people who only care about seeing said people. (This is not how I few Sundance- its just the atmosphere on the street generally. Well at some Times reporters...) Anyway, it had been a long day and all the sudden Jesse was standing in front of me. Grabbing my pass to see me name and telling me "thank you." Audience members who tell volunteers thank you are instantly on my favorites list.
Anyway my friend and I sat through the movie Jesse saw. After it was over her and I got on a bus and I saw Jesse, not knowing his name. I told her what had happened and she yelled out to him to get his name as the bus doors were closing. He seemed amused.
It was amusing. It involved kindness and talking to strangers that turned to friends and that's the kinda thing I really dig ya know?
I think it would be good for me to learn how to surf. Riding the waves and all. It's a great metaphor. Life is a lot easier when I accept the things I have no control over and focus on what I do.
Mad Love,
L
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment