Things that happen to me that may or may not happen to other people.
Guys will tell me I would make a great mom. Sometimes this happens the first time I go out with them. Others reserve that thought until right before they decide to stop speaking to me.
I look like Topanga. Generally this use to just be drunk girls that said this, but it's spreading.
I will freak them out when they realize I'm "more innocent" than I thought. This should also be grouped with the fact that apparently guys think even though I'm a nice girl what I really want is to do them in the bathroom. I use to think I must be sending out these weird sexual signals I was unaware of but the older I get the more I think that it's on them.
I get told I'm like a therapist. It's not because I sit there spewing advice out or anything. I'm just an active listener I suppose. Sometimes I worry I'm just making other people do all the work but I think in general people like to have someone listen to them. I know I do. That's why going back to my family can be exhausting at times. In a good way. It's just everyone wants to catch me up on their lives while I've been gone. It gets hard since my immediate ties with their lives are few and far between.
My time in NYC is coming to an end. In less than a week. It's kind of crazy. It's been a really good trip. I've never felt more lucky. Friends open their homes to me. Take care of me. I always wonder what I did to deserve this. They're really great and I couldn't be who I am today if they weren't so generous.
I should start worrying about housing in Chicago probably. I think I just want to enjoy New York for the last few days
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment