Monday, May 27, 2013

Wear your helmet.

People keep asking if I'm okay. What am I suppose to say? It's not like you can make it better.

I saw a terrible motorcycle accident yesterday. Barely away from work. Few miles at most. The car that hit them almost hit me. Not in the melodramatic way but in a, I swerved onto the shoulder so they wouldn't hit me. I stared in my mirror and watched a guy laying on the cement. I was naive.

I thought he wasn't moving because they were waiting for help. That he would be okay. He's not. He wasn't wearing a helmet. There was another body and the distance. His kid apparently, 12 years old. He was wearing a helmet, thank god.

I just sat there on the shoulder. I watched as people on the other side of the highway got out of their cars and looked around. I didn't know what to do. Helping them would have mean me crossing two lanes of traffic on the highway.

I drove a few minutes until I got to a parking lot afraid to turn off at the side of the road.

Uturns are legal anywhere you can make them in Utah apparently.

I stayed at the gas station for an hour talking to my mom and my grandma.

I turned back to work and the highway was a parking lot.

I passed the spot. The bike was still out. The road was spattered. It was blood. It looked like paint, but it's blood.

I got back and my coworker made a joke about how at least no animals were hurt because that would be horrible.

It wouldn't be til later my mom and grandma both told me the news story.

I remembered the color of the car wrong.

I've written a lot of I's in this entry. It's hard to tell what is acceptable in this circumstance. Am I allowed to be upset? Because I keep randomly crying.People can't say much to you.

I had to walk 20 minutes down the mountain to lunch on the side of a road today. I freaked out after I saw a car and two motorcycles pass me at the same time in one lane. Oddly enough, I don't feel safe.

I cant imagine what that kid is going through. My heart breaks for him.

A month before I came out here I became anxious driving sometimes. I kept seeing someone sidewipe me so clearly. Like how it happened yesterday if I hadn't gotten out of their way.

People love that phrase, it is what it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment