How to I even describe the last few months of my life?
It was quite poetic walking around the day after the fest as all the snow melted. I enjoy the sound of running water. This snow had created all this drama and work and here it was, melting when it felt like it.
I missed the fest. I was so caught up in dealing with the problems and trying to help that I missed everything I loved about it I think. It was the first time it ever felt like work. Everyone kept comparing me to a mom. After reuniting multiple volunteers with their lost items I really do feel like a mom. It's hard. It's about sacrifice and I know it doesn't have to be. It's funny. It's 9 months until we start planning the next one. (Minus all the conversations already had)
Now what?
The best thing about working events like this is not having to think about anything else. Like how I'm turning 27 soon. Like I'm not sure what it means to like someone. It's not the guy you get physically close to, it's not the guy who has absolute faith in you or the guy who sees you as the person you could be and it's not even the guy who can't look at you because it makes him smile which makes his tooth hurt. It's none of those. So then who is it suppose to be?
I had to kept telling people I couldn't see the fest anymore. I couldn't figure out how the experience was for everyone else because I was so involved in the little things going wrong. I think that's like me in general. I can't figure out how I'm seen by others.
Suppose it doesn't matter.
I miss sleep.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment