Wednesday, July 3, 2013

thinkin

I wonder what gets ingrained in us and what we pick up along the way. Treat others how you want to be treated. Sure, some people learn that at church. Some people are told it before being put in time out and I think other people just kind of know. My mom is still involved in the school system I grew up in and the custodian and a bus driver still mention how nice I was. 

Is being nice really the unique?

I was thinking about what my favorite movies were growing up. One was most definitely Strictly Ballroom. They showed it in a park at some point. I remember really liking Ever After too. Both are heavy handed in the fantasy department. Pretty things. Romance even with the impossible. I think that's something I picked up a long the way.

I have the career that I do because I don't let people tell me no. And if they do tell me no I go for it even harder until I exceed every expectation. But mostly I develop awesome relationships with people that has continued to create a network of amazing opportunity for me the past six years. 

What works in business doesn't really work in relationships I'm starting to learn. People like to tell me that I have a low overhang. Oh, I'm lucky because I don't have a mortgage or a kid. Those are choices I have made though, not dumb luck.  My life can still handle the impracticality of adventure. People tell me I aim to high in my relationships. Guys think I ask for too much. Especially when it comes to honesty. Truthfulness

No comments:

Post a Comment