I'm enjoying life.
Work was crazy yesterday. My left hand would be doing something while my right hand does something else. My boss's boss had to leave for a few days so she gave me more responsibilities. It's nice that they trust me so much. She says she's willing to pass the torch to me anytime. Last night this girl who works with all our talent said she can tell I'm good at my job. I mentioned I would love to help her out and our head person looks at me saying they would never give me up. Soo it's nice that my office loves me, but I hope its not holding me back. I am still learning a lot though. Aftra and Sag and DGA contracts oh my. And the guy I work for is really good at his job too. I work with a lot of bosses that love their team. I am really lucky.
I don't think I really mentioned going to see Murder Ballad last weekend. I saw Rebecca before she went on. I love watching her. She played the Narrator who tells us that someone is going to die. For the most part she's watching this love triangle happen until the end. When she starts becoming part of the story you realize that she's with one of the guys. But she doesn't matter to him which is why she isn't included before. She starts asking what the audience would do if someone erased you. I just smirked really. She was the murderer. To be sitting here relating to this. That's life though, you know. Art's enjoyable when you can connect with it. She's one of the only actors that could even make me want to slightly do what they do. She's just really great at her job. I could listen to her sing forever. And she's goofy. It's the best. Sometimes we have to go through things to get to the point we are at in the present. I'm in a really good spot.
Last night was the first night out with the team. It was a Christmas in July party. I like going out with the people I work with. They all liked how I dressed. Said it was unlike me. I guess. They played Nelly = )
On the walk home I thought I'd leave a rambley message on my friend's machine (now I feel old realizing it's not really "the machine" I mean cell phones are machines..) but he answered. He wouldn't hang up until I was home and I accidentally walked to Central Park before I went home. It was nice though. Getting to know someone is a new experience for me and it's nice. And he's super honest and open and I enjoy communicating. Conversation is a dying art form.
It's very hot here.I think I will break out the oil pastels again. Hopefully they don't melt.
Mad Love and Whiskey
Lex
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment